Fitbit Charge is one of the latest fitness trackers from Fitbit. Well, Fitbit is a market leader in the fitness band market as it has approximately over 66.67% market share. It is their best product in the everyday fitness category. So, you can expect world class quality and performance from this band.
Now, let’s take a look at its key features.
Mobile App –
- Tracks step, distance, calories and stairs. There are many fitness trackers in the market which can track basic things like steps, distance and calories but tracking stairs is quite rare which Fitbit Charge have. It can track all these data flawlessly with the help of its 3 axis accelerometer. And it also gives you real time data, so you can look at your activity whenever you want. No need to wait until syncing.
- Tracks Sleep Automatically. This is one of the most outstanding features of this band. There are just one or two fitness trackers like Misfit Shine, which can track sleep automatically. Because without this the feature of tracking sleep is useless, nobody likes to manually tell a watch every night that I am going to sleep and do the same while waking up.It not only tracks your sleep time, but it also analyzes the sleep quality and how many times you woke up last night. So you can take all these data and improve your sleeping patterns, which will have a lot of impact on your health.
- Battery Life – It has a rechargeable lithium polymer battery. It runs up to 7-10 days. It quite higher from the industry standard of 5-6 days. You have to charge it with a USB cable which comes along with it in the box. It takes around 1.5 -2 hours to charge a completely dead battery. So all in all you would have to charge it every week.For syncing it comes with a wireless adapter to sync with your computer. If you want to sync with your mobile phone, you can do it wirelessly with Bluetooth 4.0.
- Display – It has got an OLED display which is found in many high end Smart phones like Samsung Galaxy S5, etc. So you can expect the best level of display quality which is not found everywhere.
The display has also got a caller id – which will give you phone notifications directly on your band. Just like all other fitness trackers in the market it will also show you time, total steps, estimated distance, calories burned and flights of stairs.
- Stop watch – This is an extra feature, though it’s not required. But it’s very useful if you have one.
- Silent Alarm – You can set the alarm on your Fitbit mobile app and it will awake you with an awesome silent vibrating alarm.
So it will not technically make any sound at all, as it does not have speakers. But it has a very high vibrating motor, so it will make sure that you are out of your sleep.
- Clock – It has a clock, which will show you time in digital format. There are many other bands in the market like JawBone UP24, etc. which does not have show time at all. So it can be a really handy feature for wrist watch lovers.
The app designed by Fitbit is extremely robust and simple. Even your grandmother would be able to understand it in the first go.You can check everything that Fitbit Charge has tracked in the app like steps, calories, distance, etc. And even filter that data by days, weeks or months.Now, this is not something outstanding right – viewing the data the fitness tracker has tracked in the mobile phone. But analyzing that data is a complete different thing, and Fitbit had made sure that it’s a wonderful experience.
The second feature that its mobile app has to offer is the goal feature, you can add goals you want to achieve in the mobile app and then compare these goals with your friends who are also using any of the Fitbit products. When you add all your friends, it will create a leader board, a community and a forum. So you can interact with your friends on totally different level.