Review of Nutrisystem
Let’s be honest…there are lots of dieting and weight loss programs out there right now. Why choose Nutrisystem?
Sure, everyone likes the commercials with Dan Marino and other football players…but seriously, at the end of the day, how can we really know that it’s the most effective solution out there?
We’ll discuss exactly that in this Nutrisystem Review. You’ll learn more about the company than you probably ever wanted to know. But you’ll be pleased with what you hear.
Let’s face the facts
- There are more overweight individuals in the world today than ever before.
- More of those overweight people qualify as obese, or morbidly obese, than ever before.
- The ancillary problems associated with obesity (such as diabetes and heart disease) also occur more rampantly than ever before.
- All of these problems are growing at an accelerated rate, which means in 10 years we can expect to have to deal with even more cases of obesity, diabetes and heart disease than we even see today.
Clearly weight management is a significant problem in the modern world, one that we need to figure out how to correct (both societally and individually) as soon as humanly possible.
It’s Not All Bad News – Nutrisystem Brings Good with the Bad…
What you will find...
- Review of Nutrisystem
- Nutrisystem’s Sound Dietary Foundation
- Nutrisystem Vegetarian Diet
- Diabetic Diet from Nutrisystem
- Going Beyond Dietary Considerations
- Nutrisystem Flavorfull Fiber Drinks
- Does Nutrisystem Work?
- The Bottom Line on Nutrisystem – Concluding Our Review
When it comes to solving the problem of obesity there’s some good news- there are a few very effective programs available on the market today that utilize good dietary logic and an excellent understanding of behavioral psychology to help individuals lose significant amounts of weight.
Now, none of these dietary products are “magic bullet” cures for creating the “perfect” body. All of these popular programs require a certain amount of work. All of them are geared more towards weight management and not towards total body transformation. None of these programs are going to give you the physique of a Greek God or Goddess and they aren’t going to provide you with an absolutely sterling bill of health.
But that’s not what these programs are trying to do. These programs are designed to help people control their weight and get their body mass down to a reasonably healthy, reasonably manageable level. And at the end of the day when you consider the problem of widespread-obesity, it’s clear a program which can reliably produce positive changes in 80% of the people who use it is more valuable and important than a program that will produce a “perfect” body among just 5% of the people who attempt to follow it.
A really good example of this sort of moderate, yet extremely effective, weight management program is Nutrisystem.
Nutrisystem’s Sound Dietary Foundation
* Reduced calorie intake will lead to moderate fat loss. Nutrisystem provides daily caloric intake levels designed to produce between 1-2 pounds of fat loss a week.
* The right macronutrient and micronutrient ratio will provide the body with everything it needs to perform properly. Despite the fact Nutrisystem provides a lowered caloric intake for its users, the food it provides is nutrient-dense in order to keep the individual’s energy equal to their pre-diet level.
* Men and women have different caloric needs. Nutrisystem’s Men’s program provides 1,500 calories a day, while the system’s Women’s program provides 1,200 calories a day.
* Popular, yet harmful, macronutrients and micronutrients (such as Sugar and Sodium) are provided within the diet at limited levels.
In addition to these larger dietary philosophies, Nutrisystem also provides its clients with a choice of 4 different dietary plans to meet their specific needs and preferences. These plans are:
* The Basic Plan: A standard dietary plan that will meet the dietary needs, choices and tastes of most individuals.
* The D Plan: A meal plan specifically tailored for diabetics. This plan is based on the precise suggestions of the American Diabetes Association.
* The Silver Plan: A dietary plan specifically tailored for senior citizens, individuals aged 65+.
* The Vegetarian Plan: As its name suggests, this meal plan features food appropriate for consumption by ovo-lacto vegetarians.
Additionally, the Nutrisystem diet plan provides a set of 150+ food items to choose from, offering a level of variety often unheard of within similar seemingly restrictive dietary plans.
Nutrisystem Vegetarian Diet
Are you a vegan? We all have our beliefs of what is healthy food and food that we decide we are comfortable eating.
The Nutrisytem Advanced Vegetarian Diet Program helps the vegetarian to choose foods to help maintain their vegetarian lifestyle. It features great tasting, prepackaged NutriSystem Vegetarian meals and desserts. Just like with its other diet food programs Nutrisystem is now offering a special when you join their 28 day auto delivery vegetarian program, you can get up to two free weeks of of food!
This diet has more than 60 great tasting, prepackaged NutriSystem vegetarian meals and desserts.
The NutriSystem Vegetarian Program includes low Glycemic Index carbohydrates and yet are still below in fat. The vegetarian entrees are either ready to eat immediately, or prepare in just a couple of minutes in the microwave or by adding a little hot water. So, now there is a great solution for healthy, balanced vegetarian weight loss foods that even have a few gluten free meals.
If you have diabetes then you really need to be careful about the foods you eat and you need to be aware of your blood sugar levels.
The Nutrisystem Advanced Diabetic Diet Program plan gives you a simple approach to weight loss while helping to manage your Type II Diabetes.
I know many people who have diabetes and it is nothing to fool around with. I have also learned with proper nutrition and exercise your body can benefit greatly. Nutrisystem has created foods to help make it easier for people with diabetes by offering portion controlled meals.
They are also running a special when you join their auto delivery 28 day program you can get up to 2 free weeks of food. Check out the Nutrisystem program for diabetes and decide if it would help with your diet.
The NutriSystem Diabetic Program can be a healthy way of eating for people with Type II Diabetes. It’s a complete diabetic meal plan that lets you easily control your calorie and carbohydrate intake to help promote safe weight loss.
If you have diabetes and have some great tips for our readers please post them below on guestbook module.
Going Beyond Dietary Considerations
There are many, many, MANY diets out there that will produce fat loss. In fact, there are many meal plans on the market today that will produce significantly faster and larger weight loss than Nutrisystem. Yet despite their relatively higher level of raw effectiveness, these programs often fail to produce the same lasting results with the same level of reliability as Nutrisystem. Why is that?
Nutrisystem doesn’t succeed due to the specific diet it recommends, Nutrisystem succeeds for so many people because of the intelligently devised system delivering its recommended diet. Let’s take a minute to look at some of the most ingenious elements of that system:
1. The Nutrisystem diet isn’t that much different than the standard American diet. Nutrisystem isn’t asking its clients to radically change what they at. Instead, Nutrisystem primarily asks its clients to change how much they eat.
2. The Nutrisystem diet doesn’t ask individuals to fundamentally change their eating habits. There are a few other dietary systems out there which are very effective but which ask their clients to switch from a 3-meal-a-day habit to a 6-meal-a-day habit in addition to the other changes they make to their lifestyle. The fewer habit changes a program asks of its clients, the more effective that program will be. Nutrisystem lets its users stick with their normal 3-meal-a-day habit.
3. The Nutrisystem program delivers diet appropriate meals directly to its client’s doors. This one point is HUGE and most likely the biggest reason why Nutrisystem is so effective. In order for a dietary program to work it needs to be as convenient and hassle-free as possible. The fewer decisions a client needs to make, the fewer changes a client needs to make, and the fewer new skills a client needs to learn, the more likely that client will see results. By delivering meals to their client’s doors, Nutrisystem eliminates the need to re-learn how to grocery shop and how to cook, all while making adhering to their diet beyond convenient.
4. Nutrisystem understands it’s primarily a behavior-modification program and provides tools and support structures (such as counseling) specifically tailored to adopting weight loss behaviors instead of simply leaving you on your own.
5. Nutrisystem aims for gradual changes. While binge weight loss sounds appealing at first, the psychological and emotional shock of both losing a ton of weight very quickly and of radically changing your dietary habits very quickly is often too strong to make those changes sustainable. Nutrisystem sets a moderate weight-loss goal of 1-2 pounds a week, which is fast enough to deliver measurable results but gradual enough to ensure a low abandonment rate.
Overall, it’s easy to see why Nutrisystem is both appealing and effective.
Nutrisystem Flavorfull Fiber Drinks
NutriSystem FlavorFulls are delicious fiber drink mixes to help keep cravings away to help with weight loss. Nutrisystem has their jumpstart kit which includes these fiber drinks.
Nutrisystem flavorfull are packed with fiber and is a powdered diet drink mix, they are included in every Jump Start package, are designed to help keep your digestion in balance and your hunger under control.
These drinks are delicious and help to the hunger edge off. Keep going strong with your diet. Very easy to make.
Each drink mix can be mixed with water to help stop a sugar craving and to keep your diet on track. FlavorFulls come in two flavors, Refreshing Iced Tea and Cool Lemonade, and they are sugar-free. Take flavorfulls with you on the go.
FlavorFulls Refreshing Iced Tea Fiber Drink Mix
The flavorfull iced tea drink mix provides a good source of dietary fiber in every delicious drink, which can help you feel full longer as you lose weight. Just mix with 16 ounces of cold water to create a tall glass of great tasting tea!
FlavorFulls Cool Lemonade Fiber Drink Mix
The flavorfull lemonade drink mix also provides a good source of dietary fiber every day in every delicious drink. Feel full longer as you lose weight. Just stir into 16 ounces of cold water to create a great old-fashioned tasting lemonade.
Does Nutrisystem Work?
It often gets asked if Nutrisystem’s diets work and the short answer is that they do as long as the person on the diet sticks to the program and does not cheat. The degree of success then depends on the individual, as we all lose weight at different rates. Some people will lose weight slowly and gradually, while other people will lose weight more quickly.
It really depends upon how big you are to begin with, how much weight you need to lose, how tall you are and also your build, whether you are a man or a woman, your age can also be a factor as well as the state of your fitness and heath. Also a factor is your current diet, when you eat and how large each meal is.
When you commit to dieting with Nutrisystem, all the food you need is provided to cover three meals per day plus two snacks. However, the company also provides a list of recommended additional foods that you can buy separately in order to bulk out the meals and make them larger so you don’t feel hungry after eating.
This recommendation is not obligatory!
Many people get the diet then the first thing they do is go out and buy everything in the recommended list, in the belief that if they don’t, they will feel hungry after each meal. This is not generally the case and you can save yourself a lot of money by not buying extra food. Think about it.
Your main plan is to lose weight. To do that you have to first train yourself to eat less, because eating too much is what made you overweight in the first place. Is that correct? Maybe you don’t think you ate too much, but think about it again and you’ll eventually come to realize that to be overweight, there is only one way that can happen. That is if you eat more than your body can realistically process.
So by training yourself to get used to the smaller meal size that make up the Nutrisystem menu, you may experience some hunger to start with but once you get over that plateau, you will not feel hungry and will lose weight faster and lose more of it. What you don’t want to do is lose a load of weight while on the diet and then once it is finished, go straight back to your old diet and put it all back on again.
That’s what often happens when you don’t train yourself to eat less!
The Nutrisystem diet gives you the opportunity to get used to eating smaller meals which you can carry on long after you finish their diet. Be smart and take that opportunity and enjoy your new lighter weight for the rest of your life!
The Bottom Line on Nutrisystem – Concluding Our Review
Nutrisystem isn’t a “perfect” weight loss solution, but it is a “good enough” answer to the massive problem of obesity currently affecting more and more people every day. A program like Nutrisystem is very effective at helping individuals improve their food consumption habits while getting their weight under some semblance of control. By focusing on sustainability first and dramatic results second, Nutrisystem has designed a very effective system worth trying out.
It’s also important to note that many individuals who eventually achieve their “perfect” body begin with a simple, convenient and easy-to-follow program like Nutrisystem. For these individuals Nutrisystem provides them with that crucial first step towards developing the body they’ve always dreamed about.
Celebrity Endorsements: Nutrisystem is sometimes known as the celebrity diet because a long list of Hollywood stars have acted as celebrity spokespersons. Examples are Jillian Barberie (who famously wore a bikini in the ads), Tori Spelling, Danielle Fishel, This diet is sort of known as the celebrity mom diet, as many of the female celebrities (Tori Spelling, Jillian Barberie, and now Jodi Sweeten) lose about forty pounds on it postpartum.